Providing quality baseball experiences in a safe environment that balances integrity, respect, competition, fun and fair play.

My my My my
Update on Spring 2020 Season

Updated May 26


DLL Parents, Players, Sponsors, Volunteers:  thank you to those that responded to the survey seeking your input on whether you want your spring 2020 registration fees refunded, credited, or donated to the league.  If you have not responded yet, please do so by this Sunday, May 31, or we will assume the donation option.


If you chose the refund option, we will apply that to the credit card from your registration starting this week.


To help everyone understand the refund/credit amounts and how our board arrived at them, player registration is about 60% of the league's budgeted income.  The remaining 40% comes from our sponsors, MLB Days with the A's and Giants, our annual carnival, snack shack and postseason tournaments.  Postseason alone represented 25% of our income last season.  Unfortunately, we were unable to hold any of these events this season.


As mentioned in my previous message, DLL spends a large percentage of its overall budget ramping up for the start the season.  Some of those major expenses include: 

  • Equipment - baseballs, new catcher’s gear and scoreboards (we will work with managers to recover as much equipment and baseballs as possible for use next year)
  • Uniforms, hats and patches (unused jerseys will be stored for 2021 season)
  • Player development for Majors and Minors teams
  • Field maintenance and fence rentals for Majors and AAA fields
  • Bank/credit card processing fees
  • Town of Danville and SRVUSD field rentals through mid-March
  • Tryout expenses for Single A through Majors divisions
  • Umpire equipment, uniforms and hats, and fees for first weeks of games
  • Little League International and District 57 fees, including insurance for teams and facilities
  • Volunteer background checks
  • Facility rentals for monthly league meetings, training sessions, and manager meetings
  • Snack shack capital improvements and inventory to start season.
  • Storage unit fees


So, with those inputs and outputs in mind, the percentage of each players registration fee to be refunded now or credited for 2021 are as follows:

  • Ages 11-16:  50%
  • Ages 9-10:  60%
  • Ages 7-8:  75%
  • Ages 4-6:  80%


These amounts put us in a breakeven position for 2020 and are in line with our neighboring leagues.  The Board would like to thank the families who generously donated their refund portion back to DLL.  Thus far, donations to date are approximately $7,500.  Rest assured, our Treasurer will set aside these donated funds for next year's scholarship programs, capital improvements to our snack shack and other effort to promote/improve DLL.  Since we are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, DLL will provide a letter confirming your donation that you can confirm with your tax advisor.


For families who have chosen the credit option, that amount will be in your family account and can be applied to any child next season.


I realize there is no great outcome here and thank you for your continued support of our league.  Our board continues to meet regularly with hopes of getting our players back on the field soon.  Stay tuned as we learn more from the County and Town of Danville about playing this summer.  82 of you responded to our recent survey indicating that you would be willing to restart league operations this summer or fall when safety restrictions are lifted, so we are in a great position there.


As usual, feel free to contact me directly with questions and feedback.


Kevin Salmon


Calendar is loading...
Upcoming Games
Sponsored By
Field Status
Baldwin 1 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Baldwin 2 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Baldwin Grass - Danville TBD (6/3) 
CW Blacktop - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Diablo Vista MS - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Greenbrook 1 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Greenbrook 2 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Greenbrook Grass - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage 1 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage 2 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage 3 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage 4 - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Batting Cage - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Batting Cage Field - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Grass - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Playground Field - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Snack Shack - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Osage Snack Shack Field - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Vista Grande Blacktop - Danville TBD (6/3) 
Loading Weather...